If you have made it to this part of our website, you must be curious about what we do. Since 1995, the Asian Pacific American Medical Association has been advocating for the health of Asian American Pacific Islander (AAPI) communities in our country. Our efforts are focused on chronic hepatitis B/C, leukemia and the bone marrow registry, mental health, and cross-cultural and cross-linguistic barriers to care. As the only organization of our kind at the trainee/student level, our members are passionate and fiercely dedicated to serving others.
All too often, AAPI issues are left out of the picture — even when it comes to conversations about diversity. This does not have to be the case. We invite you to be a part of that change. At the premedical, medical student, and resident level, you are welcome to:
- Join us and learn more at our Hepatitis Conference each November , National Conference each October , or any of our , Regional Conferences each spring
- Take up leadership at your chapter or beyond
- Participate in the conversation about mental health
- Make use of Medical Mandarin and health screening resources for your event
- Start a new chapter
- Log on to our Slack and connect with other medical students from your region
- Get in touch with our alumni to arrange for mentorship opportunities
- Keep tabs on our facebook page and our newsletter for opportunities you can participate in
Thank you for your time and commitment to our cause.