The goal of APAMSA’s National Cancer Initiative is to promote awareness of and provide screening for the common cancers that affect Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians and other Pacific Islanders.
Specifically for 2017, we hope to:
1. Encourage all chapters to complete at least one cancer-related educational or screening session in their community.
2. Provide funding for cancer-related activities.
3. Compile a list of useful cancer resources in various Asian languages on this website.
4. Create a National Asian American Cancer Awareness Week recognized by the US Department of Health and Human Services.
5. Maintain active partnership with the Asian American Network for Cancer Awareness, Research and Training (AANCART).
Cancer Initiative Director
My name is Catherine He and I’m a first year at Albert Einstein. I grew up in Manhattan and I went to Cornell University, where I majored in biology with a concentration in genetics. I’m very excited to have the opportunity to serve as your Cancer Initiatives Director. My goals are to build on the materials and progress made in previous years, as well as start new projects that will make an impact in local communities. I hope to build our network and work more closely with national organizations, such as the Asian Initiatives branch of the American Cancer Society. I also am planning to reach out to our local APAMSA chapters and find ways to help promote cancer awareness and put on events and workshops. I am looking forward to working with everyone in the upcoming year!
Colorectal Cancer Awareness
Resources and Opportunities
For questions, comments, or updates on your initiative efforts, email firstname.lastname@example.org