Congratulations to the awardees of the 2012-2013 APAMSA Hepatitis B Chapter Screening and Education Grants!
Gold Screening Grant
Alpert Medical School of Brown University
Medical College of Wisconsin
UT Southwestern Medical School
Silver Screening Grant
Jefferson Medical College
Tulane University School of Medicine
University of Michigan Medical School
Bronze Screening Grant
Harvard Medical School
UC Davis School of Medicine
University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
UNTHSC-Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine
University of Washington School of Medicine
Vanderbilt School of Medicine
Although the application process for the Chapter Screening Grants is now closed chapters may still apply for Chapter Education Grants. For more information please visit the APAMSA Hepatitis B Chapter Education Grant Application Page.
National APAMSA is once again offering APAMSA Hepatitis B Grants to support your chapter’s amazing hepatitis B initiatives! The award amounts this year are as follows:
Gold Screening Chapter Grants of $1500 each
Silver Screening Chapter Grants of $1000 each
Bronze Screening Chapter Grants of $750 each
Education Grants (to host talks on hepatitis B) of $250 each
Grant amounts may be raised on a case-by-case basis depending on the availability of grant funds. Chapters may apply for both a screening and an education grant, but will only be awarded one type of grant depending on the availability of grant funds.
- UT Southwestern APAMSA Chapter – 2011 Gold Screening Grant Award Recipient: Student volunteers at a screening event.
December 28, 2012, 11:59 pm PST
A representative from your chapter must also complete the following form in order to be eligible for the hepatitis B grant: APAMSA Hepatitis B Chair Directory Form.
Letter of Support from a Faculty Adviser or Community Leader
Completed Grant Application
If your chapter is new to this below are some examples of hepatitis B projects your chapter can carry out.
Sample Education Projects
- Invite guest speakers (e.g. hepatologists, GIs, public health experts, patients and/or families affected by HBV) to hold educational seminars targeting high-risk patients at large community festivals, community clinics, supermarkets, restaurants, community centers, and organizations
- Hold educational seminars in dorms, classrooms, health fairs, and churches
- Organize educational classes where participants become certified to educate others on hepatitis
Sample Screening Projects
- Provide free screenings and/or vaccinations at street fairs
- Incorporate a hepatitis clinic at a community clinic or at a mobile clinic that aids underserved communities
- Work with the American Cancer Society or local health department in implementing hepatitis screenings
Please send all inquiries about the grant process to firstname.lastname@example.org.