Initiative Mission: The goal of APAMSA’s National Cancer Initiative is to promote awareness of and provide screening for the common cancers that affect Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians and other Pacific Islanders.
Specifically for 2015, we hope to:
1. Encourage all chapters to complete at least one cancer-related educational or screening session in their community.
2. Provide funding for cancer-related activities.
3. Compile a list of useful cancer resources in various Asian languages on this website.
4. Create a National Asian American Cancer Awareness Week recognized by the US Department of Health and Human Services.
5. Maintain active partnership with the Asian American Network for Cancer Awareness, Research and Training (AANCART).
Subsections- check out our other pages!
March is COLORECTAL CANCER AWARENESS MONTH
Events and Opportunities:
March is colorectal cancer awareness month! Have your members teach about colon cancer screening/prevention at your next health fair or pass out information pamphlets.
For questions, comments, or updates on your initiative efforts, email email@example.com