APAMSA is an organization dedicated to eliminating health care disparities in the APA community. As a nation of APAMSA chapters, we are working together to eliminate Hepatitis B and increase APA bone marrow donors. New projects are in development as well to address the everchanging needs of our community. Join our national efforts to eliminate health disparities in the APA community.
We have the following ongoing National Service Projects:
- Academic Education – provides resources and support to medical students interested in studying API health.
- Bone Marrow Registration – aims to increase the representation of API individualsin the national registry
- Community Outreach Initiative – supports local chapter’s efforts with their community-based projects
- Health Advocacy – promotes for and educates on changes in the health care system
- Hepatitis B – screens and educates the lay and medical community on this preventable cancer that disproportionately affects API populations
- International Medical Missions – gathers resources for medical students interested in serving abroad
- Pre-Medical Program – fosters the growth of local pre medical APAMSA chapters and professional opportunities
- South Asian Health – a new program that addresses disparities affecting South Asian Populations
- Mental Health Initiative –