On behalf of the Chinese American Medical Society (CAMS) we would like to invite APAMSA members to apply for this year’s CAMS Scholarship Program and Summer Research Fellowship Program. The applications are now available on our website, www.camsociety.org.
Deadline to submit the applications in full is April 30, 2017, 11:59PM EST.
2017 CAMS Scholarship
Eligibility: To be eligible, the applicant must be in his/her first, second or third year of medical or dental school in the USA. Students just accepted into medical or dental school at the time of application are not eligible to apply.
To complete the application, the following supporting documents are required:
1. Completed and Signed Application Form
2. Applicant’s Current Curriculum Vitae
3. A letter from the Dean of Student verifying that the applicant is in good standing
4. Two Letters of Recommendation
To download application or get more info, please visit www.camsociety.org/
2017 CAMS Summer Research Fellowship
The purpose of this scholarship is to promote and support clinical and basic science research among Chinese American medical and dental students.
Project Criteria: Projects must be a completed in a minimum of 8 weeks and up to 10 weeks. They can either be in the basic sciences or clinical research. A physician or a dentist must sponsor and supervise the project. Special consideration will be given to projects involving Chinese American health issues. At the completion of the project, a written report should be submitted. Applicants must be a current student in an U.S. accredited medical or dental school.
Stipend: Students will be paid a stipend of $400 per week for up to 10 weeks. Research support and expenses are the responsibility of the sponsor.
1. CAMS Summer Research Fellowship Application
2. Project Description Please include summary/background/hypothesis/
3. Applicant’s current Curriculum Vitae. Please include education & employment
4. A Letter from the Applicant’s Supervising Investigator supporting the research project
5. A Letter from the Dean of Students verifying that the applicant is in good standing.
To download the application or get more information, please visit www.camsociety.org/